OUR MISSION: The YWCA of Lewiston–Clarkston is dedicated to empowering women, eliminating racism, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. It is committed to building a strong community by actively promoting the value of diversity and the right to a life free from violence, poverty, and oppression.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide program development and support as part of a comprehensive social services agency working toward social change. Sustain and build donor and sponsor relations with YWCA Lewiston-Clarkston by being active throughout the community. The Community Engagement Specialist is responsible for overseeing key fund development events and campaigns that will attract, retain and motivate donors.
- Commitment to the mission, values, and goals of YWCA.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, communications or related field and two years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated success in coordinating highly effective fundraising activities and large-scale event management.
- Ability to be self-directed and work as part of a team.
- Hold valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Fund Development 70%
- Under the supervision of the Co-Directors, create annual and 5-year fundraising plan in support of YWCA strategic goals with measurable outcomes that include identification, cultivation and solicitation strategies, fundraising goals and implementation timelines.
- Research prospective donors and sponsors to gain insight into community donation habits.
- Create strong fundraising message and proposals that appeals to potential donors and sponsors.
- Cultivate and sustain relationships with current and potential donors, corporate and foundation sponsors, and individual donors throughout the community to promote the YWCA mission and programs.
- Assist with YWCA events and logistics, including securing sponsorships, in collaboration with staff and board.
- Oversee donor/sponsor database and ensure that all transactions are captured and acknowledged in a timely, accurate manner and that information is secure and easily retrievable.
- Contribute to YWCA website and social media accounts to maintain current information to appeal to donors and other supporters. Make arrangements for publicity and press coverage for fundraising events.
- Lead the production and mailing of all fundraising appeals, annual reports, and other donor correspondence.
- Ensure that all association materials reflect the YWCA mission and properly incorporate YWCA branding.
- Evaluate the performance of events and fundraising activities to determine what is successful and where funds may be saved.
Community Engagement 30%
- Promote positive public relations and community understanding of YWCA programs and philosophies, including media outlets.
- Secure and maintain community participation in and support of programs.
- Represents YWCA while attending community meetings, as part of other community organizations, and conducts community presentations.
- Provide support to the Board of Directors, as needed.
- Collaborate with the Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator to plan and implement events.
- Commitment to the mission, values, and goals of the YWCA
- Cross train in all aspects of YWCA services.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure agency success.
- Attend staff meetings, committee meetings, and designated training events.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, board members, and volunteers.
- Exemplary communication/interpersonal skills – effective communication, both verbal and written.
- Strategic thinking and problem solving skills – must be able to think quickly under pressure and be adaptable.
- Detail-oriented – ability to track and understand fiscal data/reporting. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.