Board of Directors
Looking to make a change in your community?
The YWCA of Lewiston-Clarkston welcomes dynamic women to join its Board of Directors – an experienced group of female leaders from the Lewiston-Clarkston area who are dedicated to the mission of the YWCA to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
The YWCA is a non-denominational organization; we welcome individuals of all racial, ethnic, religious and socio-economic backgrounds.
To apply, please download the Board of Directors application and send it to us by mail or drop off at our office:
300 Main Street
Lewiston, Idaho 83501
For more information, contact Laurie Lewis, Executive Director, at (208) 743-1535 or via email.
The board of directors is responsible for:
- Maintaining the YWCA as a separate autonomous women’s organization with an established Mission
- Fostering development of the Association as a women’s membership movement
- Educating the members about the meaning and importance of the Association’s Mission and Purpose and promoting the Mission, Purpose and Association services to the community
- Willingness to make the required time commitment
- Expanding the membership in the local Association and maintaining membership in the YWCA USA
- Determining and carrying out the policies and programs of the Association
- Insuring that the Association’s policies and practices reflect the YWCA’s commitment to racial, ethnic and cultural diversity and the empowerment of women
- Adopting an annual budget and monitoring operating funds and capital assets for the use of the Association
- Commitment to the financial well-being of the YWCA, including oversight of the budget and fundraising process, making an annual contribution to the organization, and participating in at least one fund raising event each year
- Adopting personnel policies and employing the Executive Director, who is responsible for the day-to-day operation and management.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Attendance at all meetings of the board of directors
- Attendance at workshops, board training, and any other special meetings that are scheduled
- Electing the officers of the Association
- Approval of all contracts and leases over a specified amount as determined by the board