how we can help
It can be difficult to know where to turn after you or someone you love has disclosed a sexual assault. We want you to know that you do not have to go through this alone. At the ywca we have caring and knowledgeable advocates that can help you through the healing process. We work hard to make sure your needs and confidentiality are our first priority.
- a safe environment to explore your options
- referrals for individual counseling
- support groups
- assistance with other social service organizations,
- law enforcement advocacy
- legal advocacy, including assistance in obtaining protection orders
- medical advocacy, including hospital support
- court support
- help with crime victims compensation
- education about sexual assault for primary victims and friends or family
- information on other community resources
- temporary shelter
- 24-hour hotline for crisis intervention, emotional support and information and referral
- all of our services are free and confidential
You Should Know
- No one deserves to be sexually assaulted.
- No matter the circumstances, you did not ask to be assaulted.
- It is not your fault!