how we can help
At the ywca we have caring and knowledgable advocates that can help guide you to a life free from violence and abuse. Our staff puts your needs and confidentiality as their first priority.
- a safe environment to explore your options
- referals for Individual counseling
- support groups for women and youth
- assistance with other social service organizations, law enforcement officers, and the court system
- legal advocacy, including assistance in obtaining protection orders, divorce or custody
- court support
- education about domestic violence dynamics
- information on other community resources
- help with crime victims compensation
- temporary shelter for physically and/or emotionally abused victims and their children
- 24-hour hotline for crisis intervention, emotional support and information and referral
- all of our services are free and confidential
You Should Know
- No one deserves to be beaten.
- The act of assault is a crime no matter where it occurs.
- The violent situation will not improve without action and may result in death.