Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator
Promote community understanding and positive public relations of YWCA program activities through special events, volunteer recruitment, and coordinated outreach activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Areas of Primary Responsibility
- Recruit, schedule, and train volunteers. Keep staff informed of opportunities for volunteer assistance.
- Develop and coordinate special events as directed.
- Assist in updating and maintaining website and social media as directed.
- Work with the media to publicize events and donation needs.
- Maintain and organize donation storage
- Enter donors, volunteers, and members in Fundraiser database in a timely manner.
- Provide outreach to inform the community of how to access YWCA services
- Staff tabling events, information fairs
- Maintain and organize display materials
- Responsible for compliance with all grant standards and reporting requirements related to this position.
- Maintain records required for grant compliance, statistical record keeping, and as needed to measure program success.
- Communicate effectively with supervisor regarding weekly activities, roadblocks and successes.
- Participate on staff committees for events (annual meeting, conference) and activities (awareness months, community events) as needed/determined.
- Attend all required staff meetings and trainings.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure program success.
- Commitment to the mission, values, and goals of the YWCA.
- Promote positive public relations and community understanding of program services and activities.
- Research and submit information to the grant team on pertinent funding sources.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure agency success.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, creative thinker.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of social media.
- Ability to work effectively with the public, volunteers, and staff.
- Ability to be self-directed and work as part of a team.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus two years relevant work experience.
- Willing to work night and weekend events.
- Hold valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
This position is for 30 hours per week and is supervised by the Community Engagement Manager.