Community Engagement Manager
The Community Engagement Manager sustains and builds donor and sponsor engagement with the YWCA Lewiston-Clarkston and builds support by being active throughout the community. This self-directed and enthusiastic leader is responsible for executing a comprehensive and diversified fundraising program to achieve fundraising goals. Fundraising efforts will focus on generating $100,000 in annual/major gifts. The position requires working closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to develop and implement an assertive strategy to identify and secure corporate and key donor funding partnerships. The Community Engagement Manager is responsible for overseeing key fund development activities that will attract, retain and motivate donors. This is a new position within the YWCA Lewiston-Clarkston and has the potential for growth and expansion, including additional hours and supervisory duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cultivate and sustain relationships with current and potential donors, corporate and foundation sponsors, and individual donors throughout the community to promote the YWCA mission and our programs.
- Implement annual fundraising plans, strategies, cases for support, and appeals that fully reflect the YWCA mission.
- Coordinate YWCA events and logistics, including securing sponsorships.
- Manage the donor/sponsor data base and ensure that all transactions are captured and acknowledged in a timely, accurate manner and that information is secure and easily retrievable.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of current and future corporate and major gift donors.
- Ensure balance of both short term revenue goals and our long range goal of increasing the organization’s visibility, generating diversified and sustainable income that supports the critical work of the organization.
- Maintain YWCA website with current information to appeal to donors and other supporters.
- Coordinate production and mailing of all fund raising appeals, annual reports, and other donor correspondence.
- Ensure that all association materials reflect the YWCA mission and properly incorporate the YWCA identity.
- Commitment to the mission, values, and goals of the ywca
- Participate as part of the Leadership Team
- Attend staff, board, and other relevant meetings as necessary
- Provide staff support to the board, as needed
- Develop and implement policy recommendations related to programs
- Ensure program compliance with grant and licensing requirements
- Oversee the maintenance of program statistical reports
- Promote positive public relations and community understanding of program services and activities
- Other duties as assigned to ensure agency success
The Community Engagement Manager should demonstrate competence in the following:
- Relationship Building – Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization
- Effective Communication – Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques
- Creativity/Innovation -- Develop new and unique ways to improve the fundraising strategies and to create new opportunities
- Planning – Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results
- Organization – Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities
- Foster Teamwork - Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Leadership -- Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
- Problem Solving – assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations to resolve the problem
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 3+ years of demonstrated success in building and leading highly effective fundraising activities
- Demonstrated success with large scale event management and corporate sponsorship acquisition
- Successful experience working with Board of Directors
- Familiarity with local donor community and donor database is desirable
This position is supervised by the Executive Director.