Child Care Provider
OUR MISSION: The YWCA of Lewiston–Clarkston is dedicated to empowering women, eliminating racism, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. It is committed to building a strong community by actively promoting the value of diversity and the right to a life free from violence, poverty, and oppression.
Provide a safe, healthy environment for children of various ages whose families are accessing YWCA services. This position includes day-time and evening shifts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Areas of Primary Responsibility
- Provide appropriate supervision for children, including developing rules of conduct, informing children and their parents of those rules, and providing positive discipline.
- Plan and prepare the schedule of activities for each work shift.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality regarding clients and services provided, except in cases of child abuse or neglect, or in situations involving potential harm to clients or others (per program policy).
- Ensure that the childcare space is safe, clean, and free of hazards, and that toys and other equipment are clean, sterilized, and in working order.
- Enter client data as needed to maintain client files and meet grant requirements; update advocate log daily.
- Responsible for compliance with all grant standards and reporting requirements related to this position.
- Maintain records required for grant compliance, statistical record keeping, and as needed to measure program success.
- Communicate effectively with supervisor regarding weekly activities, roadblocks and successes.
- Participate on staff committees for events (annual meeting, conference) and activities (awareness months, community events) as needed/determined.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure program success. Assist with cleaning, storage and organization of donations and other areas of the ywca.
- Attend all required staff meetings and trainings.
- Cross-train in multiple aspects of ywca positions to be able to fill in as needed.
- Commitment to the mission, values, and goals of the ywca.
- Promote positive public relations and community understanding of program services and activities.
- Research and submit information to the grant team on pertinent funding sources.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure agency success.
- Excellent listening and communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to remain calm, make decisions, and use sound judgment under pressure, stress, and conflict.
- Ability to work effectively with children and parents from diverse backgrounds.
- Understanding of child development and appropriate methods of discipline.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus two years relevant work experience.
- First Aid/CPR certification within first 60 days of employment.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
Supervisor: Advocate - Children's Programs